Years Forgotten

[Added 12/29/11]: A project is born -- my "magnum opus" because it'll be so cool. At first it's dubbed SPACE BATTLES. Why? Because I can't use STAR WARS, that's why. I will (someday) upload the "awesome" cover artwork I drew in 5th grade.

The cast of characters was vast. And inventive. I still remember (almost) all of them: Kirk Hannon, Jeff Phillips, Robert Larson, 4th guy, 5th guy. Plus two token women for "romance." And never forget the coolest villian of all time -- The Headhunter. And his evil minions.

Jeff Phillips got raped and pillaged for GUNS (as did, thankfully, "The Headhunter"), and now they live on. But Kirk Hannon, my favorite, has been "saved" for the opus. His name is an omage (of course, though not quite so "subtle" as I'd congratulated myself on in 5th grade) to the two great sci-fi epics. The Headhunter, a more subtle, less stereotypical and less maniacal bad-guy is also saved. Over time I learned more about them -- like his defeat at the hands of the Headhunter (which remains), and their eventual tenuous friendship. In high school I decided some things about KH I didn't know before. After talks with my dad about theories on time travel, and reading HG Wells' TIME MACHINE, ... AND... after hearing Midnight Oil's FORGOTTEN YEARS, I decided that he was a historian and would be the only one aware of humanity's "forgotten years" before the Headhunter and his alien brood intruded. And, his mission was to ensure that "these will not be forgotten years." Hence the title change in the past decade.

And yet... the story continues to sit. Though outline work was completed. Updates will come when they do. My King muse is unforgiving about not working. Perhaps today...

0 comments:

Post a Comment