Overdue motivations

Yesterday (and the few days before) me & J talked about getting back to basics.

Mr. the King says WRITE. Approach the blank page with determination. We're too afraid. Too busy. Too... whatever. Indifference and/or laziness seems to reign rampant.

Well we talked about getting an online "how-to manual" or something like a workbook that would force us to finish simple projects. 1 page. 2 pages. At least that story is done. We'll have become finishers vs. losers. So I Googled "writers training"...

The 3rd result was interesting:

In this article they mention getting a book of "writing prompts" to improve creativity. I bought the eBook, because impulsive buying is what I do. I generated a random number and excercise 136 was up for yesterday. So I pondered and pondered and decided to do "Dune meets The Matrix" but had no idea where to start so I ... proceeded not to write. But I did write today.

The link also offers a free eBook I downloaded and started reading today, and it reiterated something. "Creativity should be shared."

So... I'm sharing. Don't rip off my (our) shit. Because that's what you're itching to do. It's "your lifelong ambition" no doubt. Anyway... Enjoy me my "publishing" my prose.

Later,
BDR

0 comments:

Post a Comment